Monday, April 16, 2007

Final Paper: D'où venons nous? Que sommes nous? Où allons nous?

1-The paper should have from 7-10 pages. No bind, arial 12 point, single spaced, stapled.
2-Three sections: Where am I coming from? Where am I? Where am I going?
3-Each section looks at a particular period in your artistic life:
a-“Where I’m coming from,” describes your background. When did art become important? What were your favorite pictorial themes (and why so)? Analyze your interests and concerns at the time. Any particular event that triggered an interest? Did you know all along?
b-“Where am I” looks at the present. Where are you with your art right now? Are you happy? Is there something that in youri opinion needs improvement? Visualize the dynamics of your style so far and comment what it means for you.
c-“Where am I going” projects yourself into the future: Use this section as a springboard to see yourself as becoming the best you can be. How do you see yourself in, say, five years from now?
4-Put all these elements in a narrative that flows. Please, don't entitle each section (the reading gets very boring); instead, suggest and imply the different stages into a consistent whole.
5- The paper should be in my mailbox at the Rainbow Building by Friday, April 27, at 2pm.

No comments: