Sunday, November 20, 2005

FINAL PAPER

The FINAL paper is divided into three sections: Where do I come from? Where am I? Where am I going? Three sections linked by an interrupted narrative; give about one third to each section. The idea comes from Gaugin’s masterpiece (D'où venons nous? Que sommes-nous? Où allons-nous?).

1- Where do I come from? Go back in time and collect those distinctive experiences that have contributed to, and taken you to this point of your life as an artist. Be honest.

2- Where am I? Explore the present. Where are you right now? How do you see your style, what interests you? Are you going in a good direction? Find problems or shortcomings. What do you think you need to change? Be thorough.

3- Where am I going? Look at the future. Based on your personal history what can you expect of yourself? What are your dreams? Try to put yourself in an imagined world of achievements part fulfilled and still part to be realized. Be prudent.

Criterion: The paper should be word processed, handed with no binding. Use Arial font #11, double space. 15 pages for writing credit, 10 pages for regular credit. Deadline: I will collect the paper the last day of classes. No exceptions.

No comments: